Game Of Thrones PRO Edition Pinball By Stern
Lead Time: Expect delivery 10-14 days
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Stern’s Game of Thrones Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition machines are packed with features and toys that provide an irresistible challenge to play against kings, knights, knaves and dragons. Each player can choose to be a Knight of the Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell, or Tyrell family Houses, and pick other Houses to battle. Game of Thrones actor Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane (The Hound) guides the player throughout the game with authenticity and strong presence. The goal of the game is to rule the seven kingdoms of Westeros.
Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software mechanism, by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning three virtual spinning reels on the display. When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold and spend it on needed weapons and features. An Action Button is featured on the front molding for the largest array of interactive play features ever seen in a pinball machine.
The Game of Thrones Pro model includes all the above features and 7 multicolor Shield inserts that represent the great Houses of Westeros and special shots on the playfield. Lightning-fast ramps and orbits send the ball on fascinating and versatile courses throughout the game.
- There are video modes controlled by an extra button on the lock bar which Dankberg describes as "8-bit ... kind of a throwback thing ... almost early '80s retro-looking."
- Lannisters will love that there is a gold-collecting mechanic which allows you to spend what you've amassed to achieve your goals. In-game economies are uncommon in pinball.
- The animated dragon in the LE version has a kickback under it which blasts the ball back at the upper playfield flippers when hit. The animation differences for the dragon toy are described by Dankberg as follows: "The LE has a smoother motion and another motor that moves the dragon up and down. So, as you're battling the dragon, he's either going to flap his wings, raise up and down, [or] antagonize you."
- A "Sword of Multiball" locks balls on the right ramp return. To let the balls out of the lock, a sword-like gate opens and chops a ball off like a Night's Watch deserter's noggin.
- Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present with FarSight Studios. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine.
- Pinball classic Medieval Madness was recently reissued and was being assembled in the Stern factory while Game of Thrones was in production. Both games feature similar themes, and, according to Dankberg "a lot of guys who worked on Medieval Madness [reissue] are working on this game, too."